Clarence House released a statement on the News that Prince Charles has coronavirus. The statement said: “The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus.
“He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
Charles is with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall in Birkhall.
The statement went on: “The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus.
“In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
“The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.”
READ MORE: India coronavirus: Stranded Britons left to sleep on STREETS after nationwide lockdown
Another said: “If they can manage to test Prince Charles for ‘mild symptoms’ of Coronavirus they can damn well test nurses, doctors and paramedics on the frontline. No excuse!”
“Obviously my sympathy is with Prince Charles for testing + to the virus, but he ignored Travel advice, came to Scotland, & been able to get a test. My friend, a nurse, has the symptoms & is waiting for test to confirm one way or another so she can get back on wards to do her job,” another said.
Another said: “Prince Charles hasn’t been hospitalised but he’s been tested but they refused to test my mum an NHS worker who has symptoms.”
Hundreds more tweeted with similar sentiments.
News reporter Benjamin Kentish tweeted: “Unclear how Prince Charles met NHS criteria for a coronavirus test, which Clarence House says he did, if he has only mild symptoms. NHS workers with mild symptoms are being denied testing.”
Radio presenter Julia Hartley-Brewer voiced similar sentiments, writing: “It is immoral and wrong for Prince Charles to have used a coronavirus test when he has only mild symptoms & they are scarce. No one else would be eligible for such a test with mild symptoms. That test could have been better used by a frontline NHS worker or supermarket worker.”
There have been reported of a lack of supplies in the NHS, including valuable tests for the illness.
GPs have told media about a lack of face masks available to them, even being asked to share among colleagues.
The Department of Health and Social Care said early last week: “Our testing regime is set up to provide for those who need tests the most. This includes key workers, such as NHS staff. We will set out more details shortly.”
However, anecdotal evidence still shows many staff who feel they need tests are not getting them.
How old is Prince Charles?
Prince Charles in 71.This puts him firmly in the age group deemed vulnerable to die from the illness.
As the first in line to the British phone, Charles is set to be king.
He was last at an event with the Queen on March 12, when the pair saw each other briefly. The Queen is said to be in good health.
It is thought Prince Charles may have caught the illness in Monaco, meeting Albert of Monaco – who has tested positive – just a few days ago.