Used needles were found strewn across the floor of a public toilet in Bangor after sharps bins were left unlocked.
Shock has been expressed after yellow bins, which should allow drug users to safely dispose of needles, were left wide open in the public loos on Garth Road in Bangor.
Shopper Dillon Roberts, from Caernarfon, said he was disgusted by what he saw.
He said: “It was pretty shocking. I wanted to go to the toilet but there were heroin needles all over the floor.
“It was disgusting and it has been like that for a couple of weeks.
“It is like that in all three of the toilets.”
Mr Roberts said he had been in the toilets a few times in recent weeks and that it was in a similar state every time.
He said: “It is just disgusting and they have not done anything about it.
“It is normally locked and they have a key on them but they have left them open.
“A child could hurt themselves on it.”
Mr Roberts said he discovered several needles lying on the floor of the bathroom after needles started to overflow.
He said: “There are about five or six of them on the floor and there was even one in the toilet.
“There are also burnt bottle caps there.
“I hope it does get taken seriously because there are kids using that toilet and they would not want to step on something like that.”
Gwynedd Council has responsibility for the clearing of the yellow bins, which are normally kept locked so that used needles can be safely disposed of.
It aims to prevent needles being carelessly discarded.
The council have been approached for comment.
Source : DailyPost