What good is your Marketing campaign if it leads to an empty lot and silent telephones? Whether you’re an established player or an amateur, who’s just entered the industry, if you do not regularly review your Marketing strategies and market position, you might as well be throwing huge amounts of cash without any measurable results.
Being one of the world’s largest industries, the automotive industry is rapidly changing and constitutes of complex supply chains and demands. Automotive dealers aren’t immune to such demands and are under more pressure than most other business owners. Therefore, it becomes vital to propagate their ultimate selling proposition to their customers, potential and existing alike, through sophisticated channels the modern buyers are accustomed to; the prime being the digital world. As much as 90% off all the automotive shoppers begin their car buying journey with the internet. Majorly most of the potential buyers regularly check their emails and most of all on their mobile devices. Such metrics clearly show the need for effectual digital Marketing strategies.
Internet is a no-pressure form of research and ensures that the buyers know what they are going to get, would end up paying, and all the purchasing terms, well before entering any dealership. On the other hand, internet lets a brand come across as an involved and forward-thinking company with effective and attractive digital Marketing strategies. It’s a win-win situation for both the buyers and automotive dealers.
- Know the competition: Researches are conducted to address strategic questions and internal needs; keeping a close eye on competitors, their Marketing successes and failures, where the competition is headed. These are some of the questions you need to address.
- The demand: It makes little sense to open up a store and later realize that no one’s wants it. Stay current with what the customers are looking for with the right inventory mix, and tools.
- Determining the digital mix: As an automotive dealer, it’s important to know which mix delivers the best of your brands. For sales and services, use email Marketing; search engine optimization, search engine Marketing and blogs for brand development and increasing organic presence and so on.
- Cross-device Marketing: Ensure that your Website and Marketing campaigns are well-optimized for all the devices.
- Making it transparent and personal: Everyone who is well versed with internet buying will become wary of your service if it doesn’t include price and photographs. Also, stock images would get your dealership dropped from consideration. Real pictures and videos provide a direct connection with the vehicle. It’s important to bring all the vehicle details above the fold; the manufacturing year, make and model, mileage, interiors, amenities, etc. Further, personal descriptions would get the customers excited and also tells them why the vehicle is best-suited to their needs.
Apart from the above mentioned digital strategies, include the following in your Marketing mix:
- Express deliveries and pickups: A great way to convey how you value your customers’ time.
- Exchange policies suiting your dealerships.
Keep your inventory and dealership fresh with strong research and great planning and add value to your outcomes. Regularly evaluate your target market and communicate with you prospective buyers for a competitive edge over your competitors and to maximize your revenue.