HERE are six top events to see at Lighthouse Poole this week.
1. The Nightmare Room runs from Thursday to Saturday. A contemporary thriller adapted from a story by Arthur Conan Doyle.
2. Met Opera Encore: La Fanciulla del West on Friday at the cinema at 1pm.
Soprano Eva-Maria Westbroek sings Puccini’s gun-slinging heroine in this romantic epic of the Wild West.
3. Not: Lady Chatterley’s Lover on Friday in the Sherling Studio at 8pm.
Following the storyline of Lady Chatterley’s Lover, but with some twists along the way.
4. Exhibition: MAP2018 from Friday to Saturday, January 5.
Now in its 8th year, MAP2018 sees second year BA (Hons) Architecture students work on linking closely to Poole’s industrial past, possible future and the ethos of AUB’s maker culture.
5. Big Birthday Bash on Saturday at 8pm. Lighthouse is 40 and is celebrating with a Big Birthday Bash! Fantastic tribute band The Deloreons will be rocking the Concert Hall followed by Steve Power from Wave 105 playing music from the 70s, 80s, 90s and now. Lighthouse will be handing out birthday gifts during the evening including a welcome glass of fizz, freebies for other events and drinks at the bar. If you like dressing up, there will be prizes for best fancy dress on the evening and if not, just put your glad rags on and dance the night away.
6. No Petticoats Here on Satruday at 8pm.
Stories of First World War women through song. Award winning singer, songwriter and musician Louise Jordan tells the stories of inspirational women who challenged expectations through original song and storytelling.
Source : BournemouthEcho