A rare 1974 Jaguar E-Type Series 3 has been extensively restored for a private customer.
This specific example of the Series 3 E-Type underwent a 3,000-hour restoration to bespoke specifications.
Its restoration was untaken by specialists E-Type UK and commissioned for an overseas customer who wanted it restored but also personalised and upgraded to create the ultimate E-Type.
The team behind the restoration said the upgrades make it capable of both ‘thunderous performance and smooth grand touring’ without taking away from what makes an E’Type special.
Powering the car is a 5.3-litre V12 engine which uses Stromberg carburetors, which was fully rebuilt and reworked, adding bespoke downdraft fuel injection system for the car with Jenvy throttle bodies, Emerald ECU and full custom wiring loom.
Its capacity was increased to 6.1 litres and produce a dyno proven 284bhp at the rear wheels.
To enhance the engine performance, inner sills were strengthened, extended louvres were added to the bonnet and additional air ducting was created.
A sports steering rack was added alongside adjustable suspension with sports torsion bars all round and 4-pot AP Racing brakes.
The team also added a five-speed gearbox and one-off 62-spoke 16″ Turino wire wheels.
Inside the vehicle, bespoke leather interior was created to give the car a more luxurious feeling.
The seat bases were lowered and custom seats created from XJS units with seat heating have been fitted.
Sound proofing has been added as was bluetooth and iPod capability, in addition to LED lighting across the car both on the inside and the outside of the vehicle.
Below is a full list of specifications for the car:
- Engine capacity increased from 5.3L to 6.1L
- Full custom downdraft fuel injection with Emerald ECU, Jenvy throttle bodies and bespoke wiring loom
- Bespoke air conditioning
- Aluminium radiator and header tank with silicone hoses
- Uprated self-contained alternator
- Sports power steering rack for heavier feel
- 12 Branch stainless steel exhaust with full Zirtec coating
- Aerospace-grade aluminium 5-speed gearbox
- Adjustable suspension front and rear with rebound adjust and sports torsion bars
- Front 4-pot AP Racing brakes with grooved vented disks
- One-off 62 spoke 16″ Turino wire wheels with aluminium rim and different rear for improved wheel arch clearance
- Custom specification white-wall tyres with correct speed rating
Source : EXPRESS