If you are reading this, then it is likely that you are looking for the best home business opportunity in Canada. First, I have a question for you, "why do you want to start a home business in Canada?" Different people have different reasons. Some want a more flexible schedule so they can spend more quality time with family and see more of the kids' sporting events. Perhaps you want to make a lot of money and you realize that working for someone else will never make you rich. Maybe you really just hate your boss and you spend every day fantasizing how you are going to tell him off when you quit, but you know that you really can not quit due to your financial obligations. Whatever the reason, we are going to talk about how to set up the best home business opportunity in Canada.
Well, okay, those are mostly the reasons to start your own business anywhere, but why start one in Canada? Most places in Canada are cold and if you hate the cold, then it can be misery going out to commute to work. If it's winter, then the snow can be a real pain to deal with. Working from home allows you to enjoy your hot cup of coffee (saves on Starbucks too!) And work from the comfort of your own home. There are also a lot of incentives to start businesses in Canada and we will cover those as well.
Canada is rated 2nd among all the countries for ease of starting a business by the World Bank. This ranking was determined from a few factors. It only takes (on average) 5 days to start a business in Canada and there is only one procedure. Out of all the countries ranked, it usually takes 13 days and 5.7 procedures to start a business. The start up costs of businesses in Canada are among the lowest in the world as well. It only cost about 0.4% of the average income of one person and minimal capital is 0% of a person's annual income. Usually, among the other countries ranked, it takes 15.5% of a person's income as minimum capital needed to start a business! This is great News if you live in Canada and want to start a home based business in Canada because it's cheap and easy to do!
The best home business opportunity in Canada right now is building and promoting an online store. This is not as easy as it sounds, though. You need to know something about hosting websites, databases and a means to set up your store. This could be expensive to build if you do not know how to do it yourself. Magento is a self-hosted open source program you can use to design and build an online store. This, however, is still not easy. You really need to have previous web design, php, and mysql experience.
Follow these simple steps to start your own home business in Canada:
- Come up with a great business idea. Figure out a way to make people's lives easier or somehow better, make something cheaper or better, find an area of stress in your own life, figure out how to improve that and then sell it. It is likely that if something bugs you or stresses you out, then it also affects others.
- Register a domain name. If you do not know where to do this, then you may want to look at namecheap.com.
- Register a business name (that's similar to your domain name) at your provincial office.
- Build a website. There are infinite options depending on what you're looking for. If you have absolutely no experience then do a Google search for easy website builder. There are lots of free trials out there, so find one you're comfortable with. If you are a little more advance, then I recommend WordPress (Magento for storefronts) and hosting it on server space you can lease. I have had good experiences with HostGator, Lunarpages, and Site5. All have outstanding customer service, so even if you are a newbie you will be able to get some assistance. WordPress and Magento are content management systems (cms) which means you can use some cool tools and plugins with them to help increase your search engine ranking.
- Sign up for PayPal, Google checkout, or a merchant account service. I hate PayPal, so I do not recommend it, but today it seams you have to take PayPal or else you might lose out on some sales. I've never used Google Checkout at a merchant, so I can not comment on it. Please feel to comment yourself on this page. Merchant Account service providers will represent you if there is a payment dispute. As you do more volume, this will become more essential. This is basically a bank-type of service that lets you take credit card payments.
- Promote, promote, market, and then promote some more. Once you have all the registration done for your business in Canada and you have built a website, then you need to get people to your site. The more traffic you receive, the more money you will make. Your full time job now is to promote your website. Most of your time and effort should be put into this part of your business, at least until you have enough revenue to hire staff to do this for you.
- Enjoy your life and allow for personal time. It is easy to become a workaholic when you love what you do and you do it from home. Money is not everything. Please do not forget to allow time to spend with family, friends and loved ones. This is the true key to happiness.