To make this easy, we’ll break it down and give you 20 days to write your book and 20 days to publish it. Ready?
To write a book in 20 days, you will want your book to be no larger than 200 pages. That means you will need to write 10 pages, or a chapter, a day. Not so tough.
Each chapter can be broken down into 10 to 15 points that you want to cover for your reader. Take each subtopic and rephrase it as a question. Now, simply answer the question in conversational style. Answer the question as if you were talking or writing to a friend. Give yourself an hour a day and you’ll have your book done quickly on or before your 20 day deadline.
Your next task is to publish it. There is no quick way to publish a book traditionally which means that you are about to become a world famous self-published author. You are about to join the ranks of Mark Twain, James Joyce, Edgar Allen Poe, Richard Nixon, and many more esteemed authors.
Self publishing can be as easy as creating an electronic version of your book, an eBook, and making it available to purchase and download online. Both fiction and nonfiction eBooks, are soaring in popularity and many major publishing houses are turning to the medium so don’t worry about an eBook being less esteemed than a print book. Selling your book electronically can be a very lucrative means to publication.
If you choose to sell your book electronically, you’ll still need:
– cover art
– a sales letter
– a domain name related to your book or your company
– a website
– a method of purchasing and delivering the book to your customers (shopping cart software and a merchant account)
– a marketing and promotion plan including a press release
– an ISBN number
– a legal company name and registration
If you choose to publish a printed version of your book then you’ll need all of the above plus you’ll need:
– to find a printer
– determine distribution and fulfillment
– to be listed in book catalogs and with the library of congress.
– determine who is going to sell your books, Amazon, local book stores, specialty stores, your own website and company.
– book design and layout. (This can sometimes be handled by your printer)
That’s 15 tasks, take one a day and you’ll be published ahead of time. A note of advice, printing the book can take a week or two so do that first. Additionally, reviews can take time to get back. If you want to utilize them in your marketing campaign or on your book’s back cover, you’ll want to get that task accomplished ASAP.