TWO pairs of brothers are set to start for Scotland against USA on Sunday in the second test of the summer tour.
Glasgow Warriors’ Matt and Zander Fagerson have been selected in Gregor Townsend’s lineup along with club teammates George and Pete Horne.
Stuart Hogg will captain a side that features 12 changes to the one that overcame Canada 48-10 in the opening test last week.
Read more: Improving Blair Kinghorn happy to take flight on the wing for Scotland
Matt Fagerson and George Horne’s appearances will mark their starting debuts for Scotland, as will prop Jamie Bhatti, hooker George Turner, fly-half Adam Hastings, second row Lewis Carmichael and flanker Luke Hamilton.
The only players to retain their starting spots are lock Ben Toolis, wing Byron McGuigan and Edinburgh’s Blair Kinghorn, who moves across to the wing from full-back.
Townsend said: “We always planned to play as much of the squad as possible on this tour, and we also deliberately picked more Edinburgh players in the first game because their season finished earlier.
“Now we welcome most of the Glasgow Warriors contingent into the team. On top of that there are seven players making their first starts for the country, which is really exciting, and we are looking forward to them going out and grabbing this opportunity.
“The USA have won their last six games and scored a lot of points in the process. They’ve beaten two teams that have already qualified for the Rugby World Cup – Uruguay and Russia – and put 60 points on both of them. They are definitely improving as a team and are playing with a lot of confidence.
“You can see in the way they attack and defend that they are well coached, added to which there are some exceptional individuals that offer running threats throughout their side, so this will be a real test for us on Saturday.”
It will be the first time in eight years that two sets of brothers have been on the field at the same time for Scotland, the first since the Evans and Lamont siblings, and only the eighth time in close to 700 tests.
The game will take place at the BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston at 2am BST on Sunday.
Scotland’s tour will then conclude with a clash against Argentina in Resistencia on Saturday 23 June.
Scotland team to play USA
15. Stuart Hogg CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors) – 60 caps
14. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh) – 3 caps
13. Nick Grigg (Glasgow Warriors) – 4 caps
12. Pete Horne VICE CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors) – 33 caps
11. Byron McGuigan (Sale Sharks) – 4 caps
10. Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors) – 1 cap
9. George Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – uncapped
1. Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors) – 9 caps
2. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) – 3 caps
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 16 caps
4. Lewis Carmichael (Edinburgh) – 1 cap
5. Ben Toolis (Edinburgh) – 10 caps
6. Tim Swinson VICE CAPTAIN (Glasgow Warriors) – 36 caps
7. Luke Hamilton (unattached) – 2 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – uncapped
16. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 32 caps
17. Allan Dell (Edinburgh) – 11 caps
18. Murray McCallum (Edinburgh) – 2caps
19. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) – 23 caps
20. David Denton (Leicester Tigers) – 40 caps
21. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne (Scarlets) – 10 caps
22. Mark Bennett (Edinburgh) – 21 caps
23. Dougie Fife (Edinburgh) – 6 caps
Source : HeraldScotland