Recently I submitted an article with my Top 5 Heartbreak quotes and why I liked them. Each of them had a gem of knowledge in them which makes getting over a break-up that much easier.
However, there's also a lot of quotes out there that will most likely just make you feel worse. Most of them are self loathing and will make you want to cringe. We'll start with …
- "So from now on, when you think of me, just remember that I could've been the best thing you've ever had." – Right. So why did you two break up? Stop trying to bring other people down with you. The only thing that comes out of this mindset is negativity, which will not win you any points with anyone. Instead of putting effort into making your ex feel bad, direct your efforts into bettering yourself and finding a new lover instead.
- "Hold my hand, just one more time, so I can remind myself why it is that I can not get over you." – Have you ever slept with an ex just for the sex? Unless you're over them, it's a bad idea. Do not do anything that will make you desire your ex. All it will do is make the heartache even worse. Be strong, and resist any temptation to please your ex in the hopes that they'll change their mind.
- "Sometimes it's better to be alone. – If you want to be alone, that's fine. But you'll be missing out on a lot of fun times. You may feel safer, but not taking risks and worrying about looking stupid all the time will make life boring.
- "The worst feeling in the world is knowing you've been used and lied to." – Yes, but some of the best feelings in the world come from knowing you've got a partner who's always love you and who you'll always love. They do not just come out of thin air, and to find them you need to give people a chance. Just mark it off as a learning experience and hope the next person is better for you.
- "I just want someone to come up to me and kiss me and tell me they're in love with me. – This quote I'm sure most of us can relate with, but it's something we need to work on. If you need to always feel loved and wanted, you might be putting too much stress on yourself and your partner. The best thing you can do is learn how to become more independent. I'm not saying you should not fall in love with anyone, but if you need a lover to make you happy, and you lose them, what will happen? You'll become unhappy and your life may suddenly become empty. If you can fill your life up with other things you love and not rely on a lover for all your happiness, break-ups will be a lot less painful for you.
Well written quotes can be great things to learn from. Sometimes you can pull so much knowledge from just a few words.
But make sure you learn from quotes that actually do contain wisdom; a common trend in the five quotes listed here is that they all have a defeatist attitude, which will either make you feel better or bring you any closer to winning back your ex. I wish you all the best with your heartbreak, and no matter how tough it is, stay positive.