Love questions not only allow you to learn about your boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, or lover, but they also are good conversation pieces when the two of you are tired of talking about work, your friends and family, or the ballgame. Use some of the questions below for a fun love quiz to test each other’s love, get to know one another a little better, and laugh at each other’s quirks.
I’ve included a few funny love questions, an off-the-wall love test, and even serious love questions that make you think a little harder. Don’t ask the serious questions, unless you want to have deeper discussions and only if you think your romance can stand a little stress or even conflict.
Funny Love Questions
The following questions tend to be playful or lighter in nature, usually eliciting a fun response the two of your can laugh about. Several focus on the past, either your past relationships or your childhood romances, while one or two are interesting hypothetical situations that would never happen, so they let the two of you engage in a little bit of fantasy for a moment.
- If you could have one meal in bed what would it, be?
- Do you believe in date nights?
- What did you think the first time you saw me?
- Who and when was your first crush?
- What is the first thing you notice about a person of the opposite sex?
- Have you ever had a funny experience on your date?
- If you could date three actor/actresses, who would that be and why?
Wacky Love Questions
These questions are so off the wall, neither of you are likely to take the answer too seriously. I suppose a woman might be turned off by questions about “love games” or someone too religious might not want to engage in discussions of “past lives”, but the love game question allows for the simple answer of “no”, while the previous life question is a pure hypothetical–it doesn’t imply you believe in reincarnation. One should take it no more seriously than the novel idea that the two of you are starring in adventure novels, or the two of you have taken the form of geometric shapes. In other words, get wacky and have a little fun.
- If you were a geometric shape what would you like to be?
- You are alone in my house. What will you do?
- Do you like love games like master – slave, doctor – patient, teacher – student?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- If you an adventure novel about us, what would we do?
- Can you tell me in a few seconds what is a brick useful for?
- Can you think of 5 words that rhyme with pencil? What are they?
- If previous lives were true, what would you have been in a previous life?
Serious Love Questions
These are questions for couples who have been in a relationship for a while. I do not recommend these as first date questions or even quizzes for the first few dates. If you pull these out of your pocket, you’re likely to sound way too serious about a dating relationship. Even for long-time partners, some of these questions could cause conflict and resentment, so pick and choose the questions which seemed best suited for your situation.
- What is love?
- Have you ever lied to me and if so what about? (If they are truthful here, try to forgive. This person is trying to make amends.)
- Has the attraction you have for me changed since we got together?
- Is there anything you want to change about yourself?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years?
- What is one thing that made you fall in love with me?
- Do you have any sexual fantasies?
- Are you friends with any of your prior boyfriends or girlfriends?
- Do your friends like me or think I am right for you?
- If you had to choose between your career and me, who would it be?
- Why did you choose me over others?
- Did you ever cheat on any of your previous girlfriends/boyfriends?