The new plastic fiver has become part and parcel of everyday life – but how well do you know it?
There are, of course, always going to be people to try it on and fake the notes.
Experts claim the new notes are resistant to dirt and moisture so stay cleaner. The plastic notes are also more secure making counterfeit notes more difficult to create.
There are, however, a number of things that you need to keep an eye on to make sure you haven’t been conned.
This is the official guide from the Bank of England to spotting whether the note is real of fake.
- Check the see-through window and the portrait of the Queen
- Check the Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben) is gold on the front of the note and silver on the back
- Check the foil patch below the see-through window changes from ‘Five’ to ‘Pounds’ when the note is tilted
- Check the coronation crown appears 3D
- Check the ultra-violet feature
- Check the circular green foil patch on the back of the note which contains the word BLENHEIM
Source : BirminghamMail